Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finished!

I've finished the Monster Socks! Yippee! :) I think I even made it to the finish line in time! They were done at 2 AM. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh? LOL
I'm going to work on my other WIPs from the games, but I'm not in a huge rush. I'm aiming for Christmas as I think the afghans would make great gifts. I have a couple of cloths I started before the games that I'm going to finish, but I think I'm going to pick out my next sock project! I really love knitting socks! I forgot how much until I started working on the Monsters again. I have a bunch of possibilities in my Ravelry queue and even more in my books...guess I'll just browse them while the girls are working on their writing assignments in the morning.
We don't have the school books yet. :( I'm not too very happy about that but what can I do? There's some glitch in the distribution system. *sigh* I'll have them work on what they can without them for now. Hopefully, they'll come before the week's over. Tomorrow they're going to be doing some writing, reading and math; the math should be fun. We're going to the farm stand and I'm going to have them figure out about how many pounds of peaches are in a half peck; they're also going to figure out how much it would cost for a 1/4 lb of peppers, etc...You get the idea. Practical math! LOL Things they'll actually need to know once they're on their own. The library will fit the bill for the reading; they'll pick out a book from the required reading list and either find it or put it on reserve.
The Olympic Closing Ceremony is beginning...off to knit and make out the weekly menus! :)

No comments: