Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A day...

Warning, Little Miss Sunshine has checked out for the evening... complaining ahead!

Not necessarily a good one either; it started out with my middle daughter complaining that the foot that was stung by the bee over the weekend was hurting and really itchy. It looks awful, all hot, swollen and red! I called the doc and got her in; she's now on heavy duty antibiotics and has to keep her foot propped for the next couple of days. Fun, huh?
While I was getting ready to take my poor baby to the doc's, I discovered that someone knocked over the window cleaner right where my purse and knitting bag were sitting. They acted like wicks and sucked that stuff up! Blech...I lost a bunch of papers, gum, and a notepad from my purse; a pack of tic-tacs, a Reese cup, and another notebook from my knitting bag but everything else was unharmed, including my wallet and knitting. I had to scramble to find another bag for my junk before we could even leave! I'm now sporting a faded, well loved Micky Mouse tote. Even more fun! Not! It could have been worse though.
More fun was to be had when I picked up my girl's meds, they aren't covered by the insurance in the dosage she's on. *Sigh* Good thing they didn't cost the earth though.
Man, I'm glad I home and the day's almost gone!
Where did the year go? I was checking the girls' OLS (on-line school) today in preparation for school starting on the 25th and realized the year is two thirds gone! Yikes! That means the holidays will be right around the corner...I don't even want to think about gifts! I do know that I won't be making much this year.
It's already day five of the Olympics and I haven't even gotten to the heel flap on my stupid sock...I have three other projects to get finished before the torch goes out too! In my defense, I have been working on the tablecloth and the shoe bag; I should have the bag done tomorrow and the tablecloth will wait until after the Olympics are over (hubby's aunt won't be at the shower this weekend so I'll deliver it at the wedding in October). I'll pack up the sock and the star afghan to finish over the weekend, since they are the closest to being done. I'll tackle the mile-a-minute and the scarf when I get home. I should make it to victory, just barely!

Little Miss Sunshine will be back tomorrow...

No comments: