Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's go time!

The official start to the Olympic Games and Ravelympics is today! Yahoo! LOL I watched the opening ceremony this evening as I was unable to watch a live broadcast; the athletes looked so happy! Hot, but happy! I would have been a puddle on the floor with those temps! I melt if it's above 75 out. LOL I can't understand why NBC would choose not to air it live. Odd, I think, but what can I do about it? LOL
I actually worked on my Monster Socks, which are one of my entries in the WIPs Wrestling event. I should have entered my hubby's aunt's tablecloth as one of my WIPs but I didn't think of it. I'm working really hard to get it finished by the time we leave next weekend for my SIL's bridal shower. The cloth was started years ago by my hubby's Grandma; his aunt approached me last fall about finishing it (I'm the only one in the family who crochets now that Grandma's gone.) and I agreed. I didn't count on the whole arthritis/Fibro thing so it's taking me awhile. I've had to do a ton of repair work on it; instead of doing a crocheted join, Gram used knots. Many of them have come undone and there were more than a few places where her joins came loose and unraveled. I don't mind the work though; it's like visiting with Gram with every stitch I take. *smile* It's nice to see her work and imagine her hands creating each stitch...
Well, I guess it's no longer today but tomorrow! Ha! I need to get some zzzzs before I turn into a pumpkin!

No comments: